The GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park (live racing Friday-Sunday through May 8th; Post Time 1:10pm), including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers — including the 20 cent Rainbow Pick-6, 50 cent Jackpot Pick-5 ($2,782 carryover), as well as Pick-4s and rolling Doubles, Pick-3s and the Super High-5.
NAME A RACE
Ever wanted a race named in your honor? Want to recognize a friend’s birthday, anniversary or achievement? But you can’t make it out to the track?
Now you can have that race named just the way you want it — FREE — right here at The Racing Biz!
Simply fill out the form below, and we’ll let the world know. Your race will be named here, as part of The GQ Approach handicapping selections!
Why handicap race number one, when you can handicap “Race 1 – The Bob’s Big Day Special”?!?
Note: This offer is NOT done in conjunction with the Maryland Jockey Club and does NOT provide you any benefits or recognition at Laurel Park, Pimlico Race Course, or any other facility owned or operated by the MJC. It applies only to this website. Additionally, The Racing Biz LLC reserves the right to reject any request for any reason whatsoever.
BEST BET OF THE DAY
Race 2 / #7 – Two Notch Road (5-2)
LONGSHOT PLAY OF THE DAY
Race 6 / #11 – Neilinger (6-1)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Multi-race wagers[/su_heading]
- Race 1: $5 Double 6 w/ 1, 7 ($10)
- Race 3: $0.50 Pick-3 3, 9, 10 w/ 3, 4, 7 w/ 4, 7, 9 ($13.50)
- Race 6: $0.50 Pick-4 4 w/ 7, 10, 11 w/ 3, 7, 9 w/ 4, 7 w/ 3, 6, 9 ($27)
- Race 8: $2 Double 4, 5, 7 w/ 3, 6, 9 ($18)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Analysis[/su_heading]
* Laurel Park has four (4) races (2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th) scheduled to be run on the TURF. Forecast for the northern D.C. suburbs is for Partly Sunny skies with high temps in the upper-40s and no chance of precipitation. The below selections are based races being run ON THE TURF and a FAST main dirt track.
- #6 – Optimistic Outcome (7-5): Pecoraro looking to pick up where he left off prior to spending winter @ GP; exits maiden win
- #4 – Eyerish Inspired (12-1): Whispers on the backstretch this one would fire in debut and did @ 9-1; takes step up
- #5 – Goldies Tales (5-1): Broke in $25k MCL in first off claim for C. Juarez; stretch out to two-turns may be ambitious
Race 2 is ON THE TURF
- #7 – Two Notch Road (5-2): *Best Bet* Well travelled 9-year-old has been preparing for ’16 debut in SC; has faced better than these and is a perfect 2 for 2 on Lrl lawn
- #5 – Wise Mac (3-1): Only entry on card for E. Rojas (7:2-1-0 at meet); away since Oct. ’15; hard to argue w/ turf record (6:4-0-0)
- #1 – Make My Saturday (12-1): Took winter vacation awaiting turf season; fired a couple bullets in the A.M. working up to seasonal debut
Race 3 is ON THE TURF
- #10 – Roxbury Rocket (4-1): Toss that last one going two-turns on dirt; returns to the turf in hopes 7 lb. bug K. Gomez can clear the field and boot her home
- #3 – Just Funnin’ Ya (12-1): Has been a while since she’s run on the grass but did well (5:1-0-2); step up is deceiving
- #9 – Hug a Tree (8-1): 0 for 5 on the grass faced allowance level foes; K. Francois has shown she can ride on turf and has won in 3 starts for outfit
- #7 – Twisted Earl (9-5): Robb either found what ailed this runner after two dreadful tries after claim or “Earl” found his comfort level of competition
- #3 – Bissinger (6-1): Jekyll & Hyde type of runner; hence you have gotten double-digit odds in his last four starts w/ one win
- #4 – Uno Emayo (3-1): Rudy Rod NY shipper is only entry on the card; drops to lowest claiming level in nine race career after getting Show purse @ Aqu in last
- #4 – Franklin (9-5): First race after “Magic” Magee claim from open $5k Claimer; is now out of jail and takes on Conditional $5k foes; should be worthy of someone’s Best Bet or P4/P5 Single
- #7 – Mike the Hab (2-1): Has the speed to keep top pick company early as usually cold temps locally may help early speed hang around for gate-to-wire scores
- #9 – Mr. Roessink (10-1): Has the back class to wake up in one of these low level claimers; D. Capuano gets 36% to Winners Circle second time out for outfit
Race 6 is ON THE TURF
- #11 – Neilinger (6-1): $Longshot Play$ Sharp welcomed this one to his barn after 14 failed attempts to break maiden; took him only two to get to Winners Circle @ FG; can repeat
- #10 – Gold Tinker (1-1): Debut winner when sent off as lukewarm 3-1 favorite @ GP sprinting on a speed favoring turf course; no “single” IMHO
- #7 – Lady Allegra (5-1): First start in North America was on stretch out to mile; was in contention for the first 6f; cut back to sprinting is key; must respect conditioner A. Delacour
- #7 – Final Prospect (5-1): Took a step up into minor stakes level competition after impressive N2X victory; combo of off track may have masked his ability against better foes
- #9 – D C Dancer (3-1): Chalking up most recent disappointing effort in minor stakes to muddy track which this gelding hates; hasn’t won a race in nearly two years; bottom wheel in Exacta?
- #3 – Orbit (7-2): Has rocketed up the class ladder since H. McMahon claim four races back, winning all 3 for new barn; foes in here might have hard to catching him
Race 8 is ON THE TURF
- #4 – Perfect Title (5-2): Makes seasonal debut and has run well in first race off the bench; has taken on the likes of Big Blue Kitten and St. Albans Boy recently; none w/ that talent in here
- #7 – Procurement (5-1): Turf runner ships in west coast to find easier turf foes for team of T. Proctor/B. Pedroza who win at 33% clip at meet and 22% overall in the past year
- #5 – English Minister (3-1): On paper maybe be the best in this field but winless at this distance (7:0-2-2) sticks out like a sore thumb
- #9 – Tempietto (6-5): Ness claimed this one for $16k out of a turf race @GP on Feb. 28; wins at 35% on drop off claim angle; lone dirt try two back wasn’t bad v. $50 MCL
- #6 – Storm Net (9-2): Seems to be a drastic drop from $40k to $10k after bad stumble at start @ Prx just 12 days ago; watch board for early action as a clue to use or toss
- #3 – Henrys Way (5-1): First off “Magic” Magee claim (29%) is an automatic use; plus Karamanos has been hotter than a jalapeño pepper lately
- On Saturday April 9th at Laurel Park had 7 winners from the 10 race card (1 Top Selection; payoff in BOLD) having $2 WIN pay-off of $4.00 (1st race), $3.40 (2nd), $5.60 (3rd), $11.20 (6th), $9.40 (8th), $5.20 (9th) and $6.40 (10th). Of the suggested Multi-race wagers hit the $2 DOUBLE in R1-R2 for $8.40 (cost: $12) and the $2 DOUBLE in R9-R102 for $14.60 (cost: $12). Note: Year-to-date Top Selections are 80 for 335 (23.88%).
- BEST BET of the Day (37: 12-6-3) Alto Belle (4th race: 3-1 M/L; 3-1 PT) cleared early and set the pace towards the rail, was kept straight with a firm left grip, handled outside pressure leaving the far turn, wandered off the rail entering the lane and surrendered to finish 4th.
- LONGSHOT PLAY of the Day (33: 2-2-8) Serenready (8th race: 10-1 M/L; 5-1 PT) chased the dueling leaders two to three wide, remained a threat to upper stretch then gave way to finish 8th.