The GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park (live racing Friday-Sunday through May 8th; Post Time 1:10pm), including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers — including the 20 cent Rainbow Pick-6 ($5,122 carryover), 50 cent Jackpot Pick-5 as well as Pick-4s and rolling Doubles, Pick-3s and the Super High-5.
NAME A RACE
Ever wanted a race named in your honor? Want to recognize a friend’s birthday, anniversary or achievement? But you can’t make it out to the track?
Now you can have that race named just the way you want it — FREE — right here at The Racing Biz!
Simply fill out the form below, and we’ll let the world know. Your race will be named here, as part of The GQ Approach handicapping selections!
Why handicap race number one, when you can handicap “Race 1 – The Bob’s Big Day Special”?!?
Note: This offer is NOT done in conjunction with the Maryland Jockey Club and does NOT provide you any benefits or recognition at Laurel Park, Pimlico Race Course, or any other facility owned or operated by the MJC. It applies only to this website. Additionally, The Racing Biz LLC reserves the right to reject any request for any reason whatsoever.
BEST BET OF THE DAY
RACE 9: #11 – Love That (4-1)
LONGSHOT PLAY OF THE DAY
RACE 8: #7 – Good Save (8-1)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Multi-race wagers[/su_heading]
- Race 1: $2 Double 1, 2, 5 w/ 3, 4, 5 ($18)
- Race 3 – 50 cent Pick-3 1, 5, 6 w/ 8, 11, 13 w/ 1, 7, 9 ($13.50)
- Race 6 – 50 cent Pick-4 2, 3, 7 w/ 1, 6 w/ 2, 4, 7 w/ 10, 11 ($18)
- Race 8 – $2 Double 2, 4, 7 w/ 4, 10, 11 ($18)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Analysis[/su_heading]
* Laurel Park has four (4) races (4th, 5th, 7th and 9th) scheduled to be run on the TURF. Forecast for the northern D.C. suburbs is for Mostly Sunny skies with high temps in the low-50s and no chance of precipitation. The below selections are based races being run ON GOOD TURF and a FAST main dirt track.
- #5 – Wembley (5-2): NY shipper for Goldolphin/K. McLaughlin has showed promise in both ’16 starts at The Big A; wide trip when 4th in most recent outing
- #1 – Tizsomethingroyal (2-1): A $420k OBS Apr. ’15 purchase has been well backed in both starts sprinting @ Aqu; L. Rice has gaudy numbers locally (9:3-2-1)
- #2 – Quatrefoil (7-2): Dutrow trainee made debut @ OP going two-turns showing very little when not expected to (31-1) but gets 27% to Winners Circle in 2nd career race
- #4 – I’ll Run the Show (3-1): Gets a group of foes who like to be on the lead which helps his off the pace running style; wide and troubled trip in last 2 yet Brisnet#s still climbing
- #5 – Mail Order Groom (3-1): Been running in open claimers @ CT, Pen and Lrl since “Magic” Magee claim three back; a stalking trip could get it done against this group
- #3 – Burning Mandate (5-2): Romped in last start at 8-1 when uncoupled stablemate took all the attention at the windows; in here v. similar
- #5 – Sippy Cup (9-5): On the bench since Nov. ’14 after two 3rd place finishes to start career at $40k MCL; offered for $25k today; watch tote for early action or not
- #6 – Miss Nosy (6-1): Takes first drop in class after four starts for $40k MCL; class relief and adding blinkers should wake her up
- #1 – Barrel Roll (2-1): Adds blinkers for first dirt try in 4th career outing; interesting move to cut back as well turf to dirt but A.M. bullets indicated sprinting may be for her
Race 4 is ON the TURF
- #11 – Airlie’s Diamond (5-1): Showed late interest w/ bug girl on turf sprinting just 14 days ago; gets F. Boyce who gives this one best chance to get diploma on grass
- #8 – Delightfullstorm (10-1): Took the winter off waiting for turf season to open @ Lrl; not sure why since she has finished 10th in both starts on the grass… but v. better (MSW)
- #13 – Maestra Brava (6-1): Five-year-old mare may have needed that first start off the bench; daughter of Bernstein is destined to break maiden on the grass
Race 5 is ON the TURF
- #9 – Fantod (3-1): Speed, speed, speed… catch him if you can; doesn’t seem to matter to this 10-year-old; he can fire first race after layoff
- #1/1A – Eddie Set Go/Gimme a Double (10-1): Eddie has two runner-up finishes on the turf in 3 starts; GaD has earned living on synthetic; spent winter @ Tam and could surprise
- #7 – Irunalatte (5-2): Magee claimed this 7-year-old last Nov. for $7,500 and now can run him in these Starter Allowances for the next year and watch the money roll in
- #3 – One Hot Cat (7-2): Couldn’t get lead in first race after D. Capuano claim (36% 2nd start) as she’s done w/ previous barn; can wire this field w/ an alert break
- #2 – Crafty Regan (8-5): Seems when one appears to have Second-itis they finally find a spot w/ even more hopeless foes and manage the “W”; still looks like a bottom wheel in Exacta
- #7 – Venturous Gal (20-1): Drop from $10k will help; only runner in here to win at this distance; 2nd blinkers angle often yields a pleasant surprise
Race 7 is ON the TURF
- #1 – Slick William (6-1): Away since last Spring when competing against best local 3-year-olds in Tesio and Private Terms; makes turf debut for “Hamy’ Smith (15% 1st on grass)
- #6 – A Funny Song (5-1): Broke maiden last Summer on this course in debut; 2nd race off D. Capuano claim when a winner on run first time for outfit
- #11 – Defining Product (12-1): Trainer is 0 for 10 in ’16 but this runner spent winter @ FG running on turf w/o getting embarrassed
- #7 – Good Save (8-1): $Longshot Play$ A debut winner @ Tam in Jan. then chased Outwork (2nd in Tampa Bay Derby; 2nd choice in Wood @ Aqu. on Sat.) in second start; T. Proctor gets 25% of Lrl starters to Winners Circle
- #2 – Tipit (2-1): Rice ships in this one and #5, the latter presumably to ensure quick early pace; T. Rice’s only mount on the card
- #4 – Pizmo Time (5-2): Couldn’t run down winner in last when 6-5 PT favorite; with only two starts on his resume’ can still boast top Brisnet Prime Power# in this field
Race 9 is ON the TURF
- #11 – Love That (4-1): *Best Bet* First race after “Magic” Magee claim (29%); tries turf for first time and could steal it as he’s the lone speed
- #10 – Addy’s Eyes (3-1): 2 for 8 lifetime on the turf; last win came at this level on soft ground which is the case today
- #4 – Miss Speak (6-1): Though 0 for 5 on turf she can boast the best Brisnet# on the grass in this gathering of runners; will be heard from late
- On Sunday April 3rd at Laurel Park had just 2 winners from the 9 race card having $2 WIN pay-off of $9.20 (3rd race) and $3.00 (5th). Note: Year-to-date Top Selections are 78 for 316 (24.68%).
- BEST BET of the Day (35: 12-5-3) Hill Shadow (3rd race: 5-2 M/L; 6-5 PT) bumped foe leaving the gate, guided to the 4 path entering the far turn, failed to get into gear until mid-stretch to rally in time for the Show purse to return $2.40 to SHOW.
- LONGSHOT PLAY of the Day (31: 2-1-8) Like a Million (4th race: 12-1 M/L; 10-1 PT) in tight at the break, dropped well off the early pace, saved ground leaving the five-sixteenths, angled out in upper stretch and had a belated kick to finish 5th.