NAME A RACE
Ever wanted a race named in your honor? Want to recognize a friend’s birthday, anniversary or achievement? But you can’t make it out to the track?
Now you can have that race named just the way you want it — FREE — right here at The Racing Biz!
Simply fill out the form below, and we’ll let the world know. Your race will be named here, as part of The GQ Approach handicapping selections!
Why handicap race number one, when you can handicap “Race 1 – The Bob’s Big Day Special”?!?
Note: This offer is NOT done in conjunction with the Maryland Jockey Club and does NOT provide you any benefits or recognition at Laurel Park, Pimlico Race Course, or any other facility owned or operated by the MJC. It applies only to this website.
BEST BET OF THE DAY
RACE 4: #5 – Outfielder (7-2)
Time to Best Bet
LONGSHOT PLAY OF THE DAY
RACE 3: #1 – Love to Prospect (10-1)
Time to Longshot
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Multi-race wagers[/su_heading]
- Race 1: $2 Double 3, 5, 6 w/ 4, 5 ($12)
- Race 5: $0.50 Pick-4 ALL w/ 2 w/ 3, 9 w/ 1, 2, 9 ($24)
- Race 7: $2 Double 3, 4, 9 w/ 1, 2, 9 ($18)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Analysis[/su_heading]
* Laurel Park turf courses has not yet opened for the season. As far as condition of the main track… the forecast for the northern D.C. suburbs is for Partly Sunny skies with temps in the upper-60s and just a 10% chance of precipitation. The below selections are based on the main track condition being listed as “Fast.”
* * Re-Opening Day * *
Race 1 – GQ’s Name A Race Invitational
- #6 – Twisted Earl (9-2): Appears to be lone speed if Lauralea gets him out of the gate quickly, which hasn’t been an issue with other jocks in the past
- #3 – Great Smoke (9-5): Logical choice as he’s only one in here to have beaten winners; runner-up in last at this level
- #5 – Automagically (10-1): Surprise debut winner earned 74 Brisnet# in $12,5000 MCL by overcoming slow start with huge move in the stretch going 5½f; can handle step up and stretch out to 7f
- #5 – Golden Rings (6-5): Romped by 5½ lengths v. similar in 1st start since Aug. but DQ’d; makes amends here with similar result
- #4 – American Blend (5-1): Beaten favorite in his last two @ Pen; returns to Lrl where lone try resulted in runner-up effort 3 back v. better
- #8 – Winding Road (4-1): Toledo takes the call as Carrasco is on #1; this 9-yr-old veteran of Starter Alw races has been idle since mid-Nov. and now in for a tag
- #1 – Love to Prospect (10-1): $Longshot Play$ Making a WAG that Lrl dirt course is much kinder to early speed on this Re-Opening Day than it was before the break; does well when getting a clear, easy lead which shouldn’t be a problem today
- #4 – Stone Crazy (9-5): One must be to back this class dropper who stretches out to a distance he’s 0 for 4 at but makes 3rd start after claim for “Magic” Magee
- #5 – Guts and Glory (6-1): Couldn’t handle $12,500 N4L @ Pen, sheds blinkers and drops to lowest claiming level ($7,500) of his career; getting Carrasco in irons is a plus
- #5– Outfielder (7-2): *Best Bet* Return to 7f should help when this gelding was competitive in MSW events prior to drop in for $25k tag; rest of field has too many ???
- #4 – Uncle Woodrow (9-5): Nope, he’s not by Uncle Mo because he’s a 5-year-old who hasn’t raced in 16 months! J. Ness private purchase and has been getting back into race-shape at Tampa, w/ nice works so why ship up here?
- #6 – Keepyuriondabalado (8-1): Ugly 1st race after claim for D. Houghton back in Dec.; time off may have helped as should blinkers to get him to the lead early
- #3 – Western Conqueror (3-1): Brisnet#’s continue to rise since arriving at Lrl in Dec. and just missed at this level, 1st time in for a tag; gets protected today
- #6 – Sugimoto (5-2): Stretches out from 6f to 7f will give him a solid shot at getting second career score
- #5 – Unblunted (4-1): Good sign here as Ness steps this one up in class in 1st race after claim while “out of jail”; McCarthy winning at 25% at meet for barn
- #2 – Alliteration (3-5): Hard to look beyond this Linda Rice NY shipper, holds a huge edge as far as Brisnet Prime Power#; sure to be someone Capt. Obvious’ Best Bet
- #6 – Clockstrucktwelve (8-1): Lightly raced four-year-old has been well backed in all 3 starts and can continue to move forward off maiden win
- #7 – Chica Fabulosa (6-1): Versatile runner won lone start going 6f two races back; Carrasco/Gonzalez combo winning at 31% clip at meet
- #3 – Sir Rockport (3-1): Was in over his head in G3 Toboggan @ Aqu in last outing; prior to that was runner-up here at same level as today
- #9 – Cutty Shark (9-2): Gonzalez snatched up this graded stakes placed five-year-old for $15k from latest effort; scores w/ 29% of runners in “first race after claim”
- #4 – Helm (4-1): NY shipper makes 1st start after claim for Jacobson which occurred 7 months ago… certainly not the plan but has been working smartly past 5 weeks
- #2 – Savage River (5-1): No standouts in this low level maiden claimer so landed on this second time starter who had a rough debut but got necessary education when sent-off 3-1
- #9 – Dubious Intent (10-1): Needs to be quick out of the gate as he has been in past 5½f tries locally… and jock needs to stay busy all the way to the wire
- #1 – Herecomescaddie (10-1): A distant third at this level when blocked in mid-stretch; has shown early speed in prior races and should be hustled out of gate for a rail trip
- On Sunday February 14th at Laurel Park had 6 winners from the 8 race card (1 Top Selection; payoff in BOLD) having $2 WIN pay-off of $4.60 (1st race), $20.20 (2nd), $6.00 (3rd), $13.80 (5th), $17.60 (7th) and $3.80 (8th). Of the suggested Multi-Race wagers hit the $2 DOUBLE in R1-R2 for $52.80 (cost: $18) and the $2 DOUBLE in R8-R9 for $45.20 (cost: $18). Note: Year-to-date Top Selections are 58 for 207 (28.01%).
- BEST BET of the Day (23: 9-4-0) Diamondback Fire (1st race: 5-2 M/L; 7-2 PT) patiently handled early, eased out to the four path leaving the turn, drifted in a bit in mid-stretch and rallied late outside the winner to come up a neck short of the victory to return $3.80 to PLACE and $2.40 to SHOW.
- LONGSHOT PLAY of the Day (20: 0-1-4) Slews Love (5th race: 10-1 M/L; 10-1 PT) four wide on the turn, was not a factor and passed tired horses to finish 5th.