The GQ Approach features full-card selections from Laurel Park (live racing Friday-Sunday; Post Time 12:25pm), including a daily Best Bet, Longshot Play, and multi-race wagers — including the 10 cent Rainbow Pick-6 ($50,000+ carryover), Pick-4s and rolling Doubles and Pick-3s. Today’s GQ Approach has a special guest writer, pinch-hitting for GQ: his ne’er do well cousing QG. You have been warned.
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Multi-race wagers[/su_heading]
- Race 1: $5 Double QG turns his nose up at multi-race wagers….
- Race 3: $0.50 Pick-3
- Race 4: $0.10 Rainbow Pick-6
- Race 6: $0.50 Pick-4
- Race 8: $2 Double
[su_box title=”SPECIAL PLAYS” style=”glass”]
- Best Bet: Race 9 / #2 – Dancing Lucy (7-5)
- Longshot: Race 5 / #9 – Dirty Dozen (15-1)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Analysis[/su_heading]
* Expected track conditions: Fast/Good
- #4 – Time to Spare (1-1): Speed figs stand out; ran second last out against slightly better; only horse to run back was 2nd
- #8 – Northern Prancer (10-1): Eppler leaves this one at 16k despite options to drop; is she fit off the layoff? Note one-mile work on 11/29
- #2 – Bringonthethunder (8-1): Keefe trainee showed good speed before tiring late; 10-pound bug Luzzi gets the job, but trainer working on lengthy second-start losing streak
- #7 – Luv From Abuv (6-1): Improving sort had aim last but emptied out in the drive going two turns; dials back here and has been in the money three of four on a fast main track; addition of McCarthy in the irons a plus
- #5 – Anna May Our Queen (3-5): Two good tries against better since Gonzalez claim
- #1 – Star Eighty (9-2): Only runner here to own win at the distance (2:1-1-0)
- #4 – Barney Rebel (7-2): 7yo fits here, has won off the layoff before
- #6 – Intrepid Citizen (3-1): Gary Cap having a banner meet, but this one’s lost four straight on the lawn
- #2 – Model Citizen (8-1): Sacco trainee doesn’t win much (32:2-4-5) but always seems to be sniffing around at the end
- #9– Anythingicandoforu (5-2): Back in Eppler barn, 3yo beat similar last out, one of two here with 3 wins
- #7 – Silver Bouquet (3-1): Potts trainee saw two-race win streak snapped by choice in last; all three career wins at 8.5f distance
- #3 – Dream Brew (2-1): Much improved last two but emptied out late to be second in only two-turn try to date
- #9 – Dirty Dozen (15-1) — Longshot play: Weak group here might open the door for modestly bred Keefe firster, whose work tab looks good enough
- #7 – Belle Allessandra (8-1): Not the cleanest trip last out, but Magee trainee stuck with it; interesting to see Pimentel take the call
- #6 – Glorious Ride (4-1): Second in slightly faster of two MC16k heats on 11/28
- #10 – Seventy Niner (4-1): Trippi gelding’s been away since March and hasn’t won in a long time, but note 11/14 work; also, trainer Eubanks opts not to run for the tag
- #7 – The Pulse (5-2): Thrashed similar by a pole two back, gave a credible account of himself last out against much better
- #5 – Compulsive (6-1): Gaudet trainee loves the distance (9:3-3-2)
* Race 7
- #14 – Cou Rouge (8-1): Outfooted but game at 4 1/2f last out, could find good trip from outside
- #4 – Tribal Honour (4-1): In the money 11 of 20 career starts — but just two wins; more of the same here?
- #9 – Andy Picked Me (7-2): Thrashed similar last out, and race has produced one next-out winner; wish we could have more confidence he’d replicate that effort
- #1 – Cerebral (3-1): Improving sort working through his allowance conditions looks the part here; inside post an advantage with short run to first turn
- #10 – Behemoth (5-1): Son of Giant’s Causeway closing in on 400k earnings, has been knocking on the door this season; stretches out to preferred distance
- #8 – Sailor’s Revenge (7-2): Last couple suggest return to form for DeMasi trainee, steps up off dominant score
- #2 – Dancing Lucy (7-5) — Best Bet: Just missed against much better last out; winner Secret Or Not took ALW test on 12/11
- #3 – Lovingly (6-1): Not inclined to judge fifth against BEL MSW horses too harshly
- #11 – Purnata (5-2): Efforts at GP last winter suggest she’ll fit just fine here
- Tough day: bombs away on Saturday, with longshots galore coming in.
- BEST BET of the Day (128: 34-28-22) Throwback (4th race) was scratched.
- LONGSHOT PLAY OF THE DAY (122: 14-15-22) Roxbury Rocket (7th race: 6-1 M/L; 7-2 PT) chased the pace 3w, swung to the four path in the lane, drifted in while challenging for the lead, and hung to be second by 1 1/2 lengths, returning $5.60 to PLACE and $3.40 to SHOW.