GQ is out of town today, which leaves us to the tender mercies of his ne’er do well cousin, QG. Expect nothing less than slipshod handicapping!
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Multi-race wagers[/su_heading]
Use QG selections for multi-race wagers at your peril! But do give a look at the super-low takeout Pick 5 (12 percent rake)!
[su_box title=”SPECIAL PLAYS” style=”glass”]
- Best Bet: Race 4 / #8 – Too Clever by Half (2-1)
- Longshot: Race 6 / #6 – Stormy Arch Tko (10-1)
[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left”]Analysis[/su_heading]
* Laurel Park has four (4) races (4th, 5th, 7th, 8th) scheduled to be run on the TURF. Our peerless weather forecaster says: On the turf today.
- #5 – Killin Them Softly (3-1): Carrasco jumps off last-out winner to be aboard speedy class dropper for Sillaman
- #8 – Friday’s Gift (8-1): Toss the turf races, toss the 7f races – and reveal a runner in the money six straight short sprints
- #3 – Arrow Flynn (4-1): Soundness a concern, but 5yo mare likes to win; 10-pound bug Green in the irons
- #6 – Risky Persuasion (7-2): Closed nicely for fourth in DEL debut; 2nd start and blinks on positive angles for trainer Robb
- #5 – Welcome Fairbanks (8-5): Just missed against cheaper in debut
- #3 – Raven Rush (10-1): Makes career bow for red-hot trainer Eppler (9-4-0-0 at current meet)
- #4 – Lady Terp (4-1): Best efforts in range in this very modest allowance group
- #1 – Lasamanamama (8-5): Say that three times fast; figs horse, but odds too short considering four losses at the level
- #3 – Cinnamonjellybean (5-1): Didn’t beat much last out but sure did it easily
* Race 4
- #8 – (2-1): Best Bet Tactical speed gives her the advantage over favorite
- #9 – Conspirer (9-5): Closer’s been keeping better company than this
- #12– So Serene (12-1): Good success against similar in ’14 but beaten by top choice last out
* Race 5
- #9 – Nicki Flash (3-1): Best of an awful group? Had one respectable turf sprint try against much better last November.
- #8 – Summer’s Here (7-2): Outfooted early, running late in three short turf sprints; lone win going farther
- #2 – Our Lucky Lady (5-1): 1st turf in 29th career start for Langfuhr mare
- #6 – Stormy Arch Tko (10-1): Longshot Play Well bet but lost all chance with bad break in bow; blinks go on for good juvenile connex
- #5 – Table Jumper (6-1): Trainer Smith likes modestly priced filly enough to put her here; Pimentel-Smith combo enormously profitable
- #3 – Espresso Time (9-5): If owners hope to recoup $1 million purchase price, debut win here a good place to start; no Lasix for Motion trainee
* Race 7
- #4 – Inspiration (6-1): Sheppard runner switched leads late, had too much to do and too little pace to run at last out
- #3 – Swoop (5-1): 5yo mare improving nicely of late; 1st start since October
- #2 – Intrepid Alex (4-1): Good try last out; owns two wins and a second from four turf routes
* Race 8
- #3 – Hard to Want (2-1): Can’t descend the ranks faster than this; retains good turf pilot
- #9 – Middle Road (8-1): Much improved effort last out and a better trip here means better results
- #7 – Einstein’s Theory (6-1): Already has six shows from 16 starts.
- On Friday July 24th at Laurel had 4 winners from 8 races (3 Top Picks payoff in BOLD) having $2 WIN pay-off of $4.60 (1st race), $6.00 (2nd), $2.80 (3rd race) and $4.00 (6th). Of the suggested Multi-race wagers hit the R1-R2 Double for $20.20 (ticket cost: $12)
- The BEST BET of the Day (71: 16-19-12) One Hot Cat (4th race: 7-2 M/L; 7-2 PT) accelerated inside to a clear lead, set a rated pace, took pressure nearing the lane, went back clear under a drive in mid-stretch, wandered outward from left handed urging, met the winner’s bid, dueled and just missed by a nose in a sharp effort to return $6.20 to PLACE and $3.40 to SHOW.
- The LONGSHOT PLAY OF THE DAY (64: 11-6-14) It’s Charlie Again (5th race: 12-1 M/L; 23-1 PT) very wide on the far turn and closed the gap late between horses, getting nosed out for the PLACE purse to return $7.20 to SHOW.