[half]CLAIMING LEADERS FOR THE WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 23
- Scott Lake — 3 claims for $26,250
- Henry Worcester IV — 3 for $24,000
- Kieron Magee — 3 for $22,500
- Five tied with two each
Priciest claim: Reid Nagle, $35,000
* 45 trainers claimed at least one horse[/half][half]HORSES CLAIMED AWAY FOR THE WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 23
- Six tied with two each. They are Jamie Ness; Hamilton Smith; Michael Pino; Ronney Brown; Henry Worcester, IV; and Claudio Gonzalez.
Ness was tops by value of horses claimed away, $42,500.
* 50 trainers lost at least one horse[/half]
CLAIMING TRAINERS FOR THE MONTH
MIDLANTIC CLAIMING 7 for September 23
|RANK||TRAINER||CLAIMS||VALUE OF CLAIMS|
- NEW TO THE LIST: KIERON MAGEE
- OFF THE LIST: KIMBERLY GRACI
- HIGHEST NET GAIN: SCOTT LAKE — 7 (9 CLAIMS, TWO CLAIMED AWAY)
- HIGHEST NET LOSS: JORGE NAVARRO, BERNIE HOUGHTON — 4
For the week…
Weekly claiming activity in the mid-Atlantic rose for the second consecutive week for the week ending September 23.
Regionwide, 56 horses changed hands via the claimbox; that represented a nearly 10 percent increase from the prior week’s 51. In addition, with the average value of those claims rising 7.5 percent, to $10,375, the gross value of horses claimed jumped 18 percent, to $581,000. All of those numbers were the highest in the last three weeks.
Now back in full swing, Laurel Park saw the most robust claiming activity, with 17 horses changing hands there with a combined value of $194,750 (average: $11,455). The number and gross value of claims at Laurel was the region’s highest, but its average trailed that of three other tracks: the Meadowlands (one claim for $16,000), Monmouth Park (seven claims, average $13,714), and Parx Racing (10 claims, average $12,300). Charles Town, Delaware, and Penn National saw nine, eight, and four horses claimed, respectively.
The claimbox report covers claiming activity at Parx Racing, Penn National, Charles Town, Laurel Park, Monmouth Park, the Meadowlands, and Delaware Park.
Weekly Dollar Value of Horses Changing Hands[show-rjqc id=”9″]